Getting The Love You Want -
A weekend workshop for couples
The Getting the Love You Want workshop is one weekend that can add a lifetime of delight to your relationship. Based on the book Getting the Love you Want by Harville Hendrix this workshop is presented worldwide for couples who want to create healthy, committed and loving relationships. This weekend experience is often compared to three to six months of weekly couples’ therapy.
Understand the theory behind why you chose each other as partners in a long-term committed relationship; why it is that you will inevitably trigger each other's best and worst selves; and find out what you can do, in fact, need to do, in order to deepen your relationship!
The unique design of this workshop will benefit you if:
- It is early in your relationship and you would like to establish a solid foundation and healthy communication patterns
- You want to enrich and deepen an already good relationship
- You are having difficulties in your relationship and want to resolve longstanding conflicts and learn to successfully repair your ruptures.
- You are undecided about continuing your relationship
The workshop format includes:
- Short lectures
- Individual reflection and written work
- Live demonstrations of communication skills and processes
- Time to practice new behaviours and skills with your partner
- Fun and nurturing activities
This workshop is designed to protect the integrity of your relationship. You work PRIVATELY with your partner in a safe, comfortable and confidential manner. While you are given opportunity to share your experience, you are never required to do so.
The goals of the workshop are:
- To provide a conceptual understanding of committed love relationships.
- To develop new communication skills that break destructive cycles of relating.
- To help you successfully communicate your frustrations and desires and get your needs met.
- To facilitate a healing process and create fun, romance, passion, and intimacy in your relationship.
This workshop is relationship education, not therapy.
About the presenter
Dr Nicole Pray has been working with couples for over 20 years. She has a private practice in Wellington, New Zealand. Having been introduced to the Imago Couples Therapy approach, she has found it immensely applicable to her own marriage, and she enjoys sharing it with other couples who are looking to maximize their own relationships.